Ideas and suggestions

Delete contacts added via the PC interface, because synching occurs only one way

Contacts between my Android phone and the SMS Cloud work correctly. However it I add a contact thru the PC interface the contact is created in your cloud, but doesn't get created in Google Contacts. That's fine I don't want my Contacts overridden by any of your Cloud entries. However my SMS Cloud contact list now has a huge amount of either invalid or unwanted contacts that make it difficult to select the receiver when initiating new messages. There needs to be a way to delete these unwanted contacts. Contacts in the Cloud need to be coded to follow data base best practices to allow Adds, Change, Inquire, and Delete. The old ACID paradigm for data base programming. It's really bad form to allow an end user to create a persistent entity that can't be deleted. Not only does that clutter the user interface but your Cloud storage now stores invalid or inaccurate entries, commonly called Garbage. Thanks for giving me a mechanism for suggesting improvements.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Allan Iverson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I need to delete unwanted phone numbers, specially one that appears automatically in the "to send list" on the computer screen

• Georgia Gatzke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely second this request. Users need to be able to delete what's in their cloud contacts list not only due to Garbage, but also in case something gets in there we simply don't want there (security reasons). Please someone in MySMS at least speak to this. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base